Sunday, May 29, 2011

Threatdown Alert! Komodo Dragons!

Yeah! It's Dragon time!

Marta meets her arch-nemesis - the Komodo Dragon.
Drew joins the Junior Ranger program at Komodo National Park - it's a very prestigious program.
Our first sighting! A baby Komodo - isn't he so cute.
I don't know why Marta didn't like them. He was totally smiling at her.

Marta and Conway - so far alive and well.
Our guides. They made me feel really safe with their sticks because that would totally stop a raging prehistoric beast from sinking its bacteria laden mouth into my leg.
Look up! Holy crap - they're in the trees!
This one looked ready to enter the thunder dome against one of the Asian tourists that was totally less than the 10m away from the dragons as our guides instructed us to do.
This guy totally freaked me out. I snapped a photo of him from 20 feet away and he perked his head up like it was go time. I slowly walked away, but he had his eyes on me until I was out of the strike zone.
The monkey thought that the whole spectacle was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment