Friday, April 15, 2011

Peru: Conchucos, sobrevivimos

So Marta and I were in the Conchucos Valley where we lived while we were in the Peace Corps for the past week. In many ways, it felt as though it were a dream and we had never left. It really was a fantastic experience and I am glad we spent as much time there as we did. When I think about what to share in this post, it is hard to reconcile what is sensational with that which seems so mundane anymore. So hang with me as I try and sort out my thoughts on Conchucos...

Off to the promise land - Callejon de Conchucos. Donde solo los bravos viven.

This picture is being added specifically for Greg. I think he almost cried laughing when they put the chickens on top when my dad, brother and brother-in-law came to visit. Or maybe he got a feather in his eye. Not sure.
The tunnel at the halfway point. From what looked like a mining tunnel when we first got to Peru is now a nice two lane tunnel to Callejon de Conchucos. It's time to crossover...!

2 comments:

  1. OMG everything has changed since I was there.
    Espero regresar algun dia.
    Kathy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the ca lemon d Conchucos a dangerous place? I ve been in Huaraz but I didnt even know Conchucos exist.

    ReplyDelete